- Based on the Center’s analysis of Census information, about one-in-four young Hispanic females (26%) turns into a mom by age 19. This compares with an interest rate of 22% among young black colored females, 11% among young white females, and 6% among young females that are asian.
- Notwithstanding those figures, the price of births to Hispanic females many years 15 to 19 declined by 18percent from 1990 to 2007. But among the list of complete populace, the price of births to teens in this age bracket declined by 29% through the exact same duration.
- Huge majority of older Latinos (81%) and Latino youngsters (75%) state that more teenage girls having children is just a bad thing for culture. Also greater stocks for the complete U.S. populace say the same thing—94% of most grownups and 90% of most 18- to 25-year-olds.
- About seven-in-ten (69%) Latino young ones state that becoming a parent that is teen a individual from reaching one’s objectives in life; 28% disagree.
- Native-born Latino youngsters have significantly more negative view of teenager parenthood than perform some international born. Some 71% regarding the generation that is second 78% of this third say teenager parenthood inhibits one’s goals in life. Just 62% of foreign-born youngsters agree. The pattern is the identical in the concern of whether more teenager parenthood is detrimental to culture.
- An average of, Hispanic females are projected to own simply over three kiddies within their life time. In contrast, African-American ladies are projected to own on average 2.15 kiddies within their lifetime, as well as for whites this quantity is 1.86.
Life Priorities and Satisfaction
- Similar to youngsters, young Latinos express high degrees of satisfaction with regards to everyday lives, with half saying they truly are “very” satisfied and 45% saying these are typically “mostly” pleased.